Receive your FREE Porcelain Veneers Consultation
- Smile brighter than ever before with your brand new porcelain veneers from Papadakis and Gonzalez. The upper east sides preferred cosmetic dentist for over 10 years
- State of the art equipment and cutting edge procedures
- Personal Touch & Personal Care
NYC Veneer Specialists
Fixing All Sorts of Smiles
Why Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers can be one dentistry’s most transformational cosmetic operations. In laymen’s terms, a dental veneer is a thin layer of restorative dental material placed to cover a tooth or teeth, usually to improve appearance. This simple procedure can revolutionize smiles.Veneers made of porcelain mimic the natural translucency of enamel on real teeth and that’s why it is the material of choice for most first-rate dentists and veneer specialists. Dental veneers can correct a wide variety aesthetic issues.
Chipped and broken teeth, discolored smiles, gaps and other misalignment issues, worn down or irregularly shaped teeth, as well as minor bite issues. Despite their versatility, porcelain veneers require a very simple procedure in most cases.
This procedure offers a tremendous number of advantages over many other dental procedures. You can see from our xyz how powerfully veneers can enhance your smile. But the advantages don’t stop there.
Dental porcelain laminates have a few special things going for them:
- Strongly resemble real teeth when done right
- Minimal preparation required
- Porcelain is chemical and stain resistant
- Procedure creates an opportunity for smile whitening
- Porcelain is easily tolerated by gums
- Conservative way to alter tooth position, shape, size, and color
- Well-made veneers are strong, durable, and can last decades
- Short recovery time compared to most other cosmetic dental procedure
Getting porcelain dental veneers is a high-quality way to improve your smile. The cost can often reflect that. But there is no doubt that the vast majority of patients who receive this procedure from a vetted dental veneer specialist consider them a great investment. It is one of the most highly recommended cosmetic dental procedures—not from dentists but from patients.
This goes back to versatility:
With this single procedure, one can reap the benefits of several: braces, crowns, whitening, etc. However, it is true that dental veneers are not the solution for every smile restoration. That’s part of why the initial consultation is so important.
If you’d like to find out whether we can achieve the same results for you as our other clients, call 646-681-1027 now for your free consultation.
Your Dental Specialists
1. ConsultationThe initial consultation has 2 primary objectives:
The first is to make sure you are a good candidate for dental veneers; as long as you are, the second is to plan out your treatment. A transparent back-and-forth between patient and dentist is essential here. It’s the patient’s job to make it known what results they are looking for. Then his or her chosen dental professional will talk them through the different options that might be available to them.
During this meeting, the dentist must make sure that the patient has healthy gums and teeth with enough enamel for porcelain veneers. If a patient passes this check, it’s on to photos, impressions, and/or x-rays. Then some digital or wax modeling to help establish expectations.
The most important thing is that the patient can articulate their goals and the porcelain veneer specialist can provide them with an accurate illustration of what they will be getting.
2. FittingOn the second visit, groundwork for the actual ‘procedure’ is lain. During the first part of this visit, the dentist removes about .5mm of enamel from the tooth or teeth receiving porcelain dental laminates. Oftentimes, this isn’t even enough to require a local anesthetic.
From there, a mold is made of the patient’s teeth and surrounding periodontal (gum and mouth) structures. The impression is then sent to a dental laboratory which constructs the actual veneer. This process usually takes less than 2 weeks.
However, the removed enamel may leave teeth sensitive and softer dentin exposed. Temporary veneers are often provided for this short period to reduce discomfort and protect teeth. They can also be used to conceal unsightly teeth. The patient effectively gets a “trial smile” for this time.
Once the lab has completed the porcelain shells, your new smile is just one last appointment away.
3. ApplicationNow that you’re porcelain veneers have come back from the ceramics lab, it’s time to put them on. The best dental veneer specialists make sure to check the fit of any and all pieces they will be applying before they move on. They should also factor in any feedback the patient has about his or her temporary veneers and reshape the new ones as need be.
In order to begin the bonding process, any teeth receiving veneers will need to be cleaned and polished. Then the teeth will get “etched”. This process makes the surface of teeth a bit courser to provide a better surface for bonding. Then the teeth are coated in a bonding agent. A layer of dental cement is then placed directly on top of that.
This is what the veneer(s) will adhere to. Once all of the veneers are placed, all that’s left is some evaluation: One directly after the procedure and another a few weeks later to make sure everything is as it should be. To you, this may seem like a lot of build up to one day—scarey buildup to a scarey day.
But our dental professionals want this to feel like one open and honest conversation held over a few weeks. On this side of the chair, we want to make the process of building your ideal smile as comfortable as possible.